History

Pastors of Ridge Avenue Baptist Church

Rev. A. T. "Tom" Mitchell
1940-1963
Rev. H. L. Sampson
1963-1968
Rev. Raymond Howe
1968-1983
Dr. Lionel Crowell
1984-1997
Rev. David Maxwell
1997-present

 
The little tin top shed under which Ridge Avenue
Baptist Church was started on April 27, 1940.
This building was dedicated on the
second Sunday of September, 1940.
 
The third building was erected in 1945.
Formal opening was on May 27, 1945.
The present day sanctuary was dedicated
on August 27, 1961.